Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
The sale of our books help support our mission / projects. Click on any of the book photos above to see our book site.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Break From Studies (Mi Caminata)


Liz and I have been hard at work learning and improving our Spanish speaking skills over the past 3 weeks. We have 5 more weeks to go. Our teachers are amazing and we are learning a lot quickly. We have 4 hours of class a day and then 1-4 hours of homework a night. At times our heads are full and we need a break. We know when that time is when we find ourselves not able to speak English or Spanish. When this occurs Liz often likes to watch a movie in English and I prefer to have quiet / prayerful time walking in the forest / jungle and exploring. Yes, I do get lost at times but I seems to always find my way back, often taking a way I didn't know existed. Here is this morning's walk (Mi Caminata).

I did have an exciting beginning to walk this morning. I was just bragging to Liz (trying to persuade her to come with me) and saying just how cool and beautiful the boardwalk / bridges were near the edge of the pueblo.....well, I am so glad she didn't come today. The wood gave out and I fell through the bridge. Luckily one leg caught on the edged and I didn't plummet to the water and rocks below, but I am already feeling the rapidly increasing discomfort of the bruised and pulled muscles. But Hey! It could have been worse. :)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog. Please pray for Liz and me and for our mission. May you be filled always with God's love. Deacon Pat