Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
The sale of our books help support our mission / projects. Click on any of the book photos above to see our book site.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

My Teacher was sick today so "No School."


At 7:30 a.m. there was knock on our bedroom door and when I answered it I was informed that my Spanish teacher was sick so there wouldn't be class today. I truly enjoy the classes but I was a bit relieved because this week has been a little heavy and this now gave me an opportunity to go hiking.


The Guatemalan mountains and lakeside are nothing like I have ever seen before. I feel that the pictures don't capture the beauty and especially the deep spirit of the place. 


Well, I filled up my water bottle and off I went. It ended up being a 2 1/2 hour hike and then just when I returned friends from New York / Mexico and who also have a place here in Santa Cruz La Laguna called on the cell phone and said "We will be there in 10 minutes to go on a hike in the Jungle." 


So off we went for another 2 plus hours deep into the mountains and  jungle. What a great day and best of all we talked about God, His Spirit, and how He works in our lives. 


I can't believe that after tomorrow we will only have 2 more weeks of Spanish School (8 weeks total) and we will be off to San Lucas Tolimán to begin ministry work. Although, Jerry (our Friend from New York) is trying hard to get us to reconsider and stay in Santa Cruz or Jaibalito to do work here. 

Discernment! Discernement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog. Please pray for Liz and me and for our mission. May you be filled always with God's love. Deacon Pat