Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
The sale of our books help support our mission / projects. Click on any of the book photos above to see our book site.

Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Beautiful Experience


I had such a great experience today climbing the mountain. I was shown such kindness by so many people. First, my friend could not go with me because he was called by his boss and was asked to work today. However, he still met me at 6 a.m. to show me where the trail was and to give me directions. Secondly, while on the trail there where many turns and choices for the trails. Three young girls were also climbing the mountain and showed me multiple times which road to take. They also asked me to follow them but I was too slow. So, they left markers, piles of sticks, when there were different road options to help guide me. Also, on the trail I met so many men and boys who were traveling to find wood to cut for cooking and then to carry back home. So many people use wood here that they often have to climb for 2 hours to find good wood to cut and then have to carry it for 2 hours back down the mountain. Every time I met a person they stopped walking and shared their life with me. They were not in a hurry and talked as long as I wanted to talk. One man and his 10 year old son visited with me for half an hour in the middle of the jungle. When I finally reached the top of the mountain, after 2 hours of walking, there was a group of Local Mayan Christians having a prayer service. It was so beautiful to watch. I had such a wonderful time and experience today and I am so thankful to have received and witnessed such kindness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog. Please pray for Liz and me and for our mission. May you be filled always with God's love. Deacon Pat