Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
The sale of our books help support our mission / projects. Click on any of the book photos above to see our book site.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Simple Pleasures


Most of us probably don't give it much thought, but Liz and I now do, especially when in Guatemala. Having water constantly is not common in many parts of Guatemala, especially in San Lucas Tolimán. Water often goes out for 1-2-3 or more days. Well (no pun intended), without water, what about showers, flushing toilets, washing dishes, etc.? 


Yes, they do have pilas in most of the houses in Guatemala that hold some water, but after a few days what is one to do? 

This weekend we lost water while visiting friends and every time we needed to flush the toilet we needed to get water from the pila. It didn't seem to bother our friends, they are use to it. But I never realized how often we use the toilet and need to flush. That is a lot of water.

I don't know about you but I have been spoiled for many years having as much water as I wanted and needed, all the time. I now have to get use to how so many others live in this world, often without water. I do have to say, when the water does return, it is a welcomed pleasure, maybe not so simple anymore. A growing experience for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog. Please pray for Liz and me and for our mission. May you be filled always with God's love. Deacon Pat